Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just Cause

Oh why? Why would Jesus, the Perfect Lamb,
Why would He come and die,
To die for me, a selfish, dirty sheep?

Just cause,
Cause He loves us,
Yeah, He loves us so!

Jesus, the Mighty Redeemer, loved us.
That's me and you.
He loved us so much He died,
But then He smacked that ole death in the face.
Jesus, Son of God, rose again,
Rolled that stone away.

Why? Oh why did Jesus, Loving Friend,
Why would He do all this for me?

Just cause,
Cause He loves us,
Yeah, He loves us so!

Jesus, the Holy One, came to set us free.
On that tree, He died,
Died for you, died for me.
Jesus, Jesus, You set us free!

No longer are we burdened by the unsatisfying,
Worthless things, heavy laden by our sins.
Cause Your death,
Your blood,
Your love,
Oh! they have set us free.

Why, yeah why did He do this,
The Son of the Most High!
Why did He come and die?

Just cause, oh cause He loves us,
Yeah, Jesus, He loves us so much.
He was willing, willing to die.
Willing to be crucified.
Battered and broken,
He died and rose again!

Just cause, suffering and dying,
Just cause, setting me free,
Just cause, Jesus, my Savior,
Just cause He loves me, yeah, He loves me....

No comments:

Post a Comment